In Keys: Economic provisions for the protection of the working class in the midst of the pandemic
On March 17, the Bolivarian Government decreed the entry into social quarantine, while suspending all academic and economic activities in the national territory as a measure to contain the spread of the Coronavirus.
Learn about the economic provisions announced this Sunday by the President of the Republic, Nicolás Maduro, for the protection of the Venezuelan working class in the midst of the pandemic.
· The measure of labor immobility is ratified, until December 31, 2020.
· Delivery of special bonuses, through the Carnet de la Patria, for workers in the informal economy and the private sector.
· The national government assumes the payment of payrolls for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), for a period of six months.
· The immediate suppression is decreed, at a national level, of the payment of rent for businesses and main dwelling for a period of 6 months; in turn, the Bolivarian Government will seek support mechanisms for lessors.
· The Priority Plan for Agri-Food Investment is ratified, in order to guarantee the items included in the boxes of the Local Supply and Production Committees (CLAP), which to date reach 7 million families.
· The suspension of principal and interest payments on all credits in the country is approved for a period of six months; Consequently, the suspension of the payment moratorium, caused by the aforementioned extension, is ordered.
· It is ordered to direct the effort of the single productive portfolio to the strategic sectors in the framework of the emergency by COVID-19; namely: food, drugs, hygiene industry and basic needs.
· The restructuring of the terms of access to credits in favor of small and medium producers is approved; accompanied by special guarantees for SMEs.
· The shutdown of telecommunications services in the country is prohibited for the next six months.