Social quarantine has prevented the spread of Covid-19 for more than 12 thousand people

The number of cases of Coronavirus (Covid-19) in Venezuela would be rising to 12 thousand infected and close to 500 deaths, if the social and preventive quarantine, implemented by the National Executive since March 17, had not been declared, said the president of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela, Nicolás Maduro.

The Head of State assured that with this measure it has been possible to contain the transmission chain of the virus by 90 percent, the remaining 10 percent still represents a potential danger to the population.

In this sense, he urged the Venezuelan people to continue abiding by the social quarantine in order to advance to the phase of total control of the pandemic in Venezuela.

So far, 153 positive cases of Covid-19 and 7 deaths have been registered in the country.

The National Executive has at its disposal treatment for 135 thousand people and more than 23 thousand hospital beds in the different medical centers, deployed throughout the national territory for the free care of people infected with this virus.

Twitter Facebook Instagram YouTube
PersicopeTelegram